Join the League
Become a Member
Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to men and women ages 16 and older.
Your membership gives the League the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. Read more about our mission and roles.
By joining LWV Chicago you automatically become a member of:
- LWV United States (LWVUS)
- LWV Illinois (LWVIL)
- LWV Cook County (LWVCC)
- LWV Lake Michigan Region (LWVLMR)
- LWV Upper Mississippi River Region (LWVLMMR)
You will receive their publications along with the LWV Chicago newsletter, The Chicago Voter. You will add your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, and U.S. territories.
Membership dues are not tax-deductible. Members join the League of Women Voters, a 501(c)(4) organization.
Join or Renew Your Membership
Membership is on a yearly basis from July 1 to June 30. Dues are $75 for an individual and $120 for a household.
Reduced membership dues are available to those with financial need. Contact the Membership Chair at League@LWVChicago.org, or 312-939-5949. Confidentiality is assured.
You can join and pay online with a credit card or PayPal account today:
JOIN BY MAIL
If you prefer, you can print, complete and mail in this form to the League offices.
By joining the League of Women Voters you are agreeing to receive communication from the
organization, and sharing your contact information with fellow League members.
Benefits of Membership
Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
Members can participate in a number of ways, including:
- supporting the activities of the League with their annual dues
- responding to action alerts, asking to contact policy makers
- supporting the League's voter service and advocacy work as a member, volunteer or leader
- serving in an organizational role on the Board or committees
- subscribing for regular updates via newsletter and social media
- learning and networking at events on key issues for the city of Chicago
- observing and reporting on government activities
- participating in studies for consensus or recommendations for action
- attending or organizing fundraising events
Still have questions? Contact us at 312-939-5949 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.